OBW Shows

Forum Home > General Discussion > And Your New World Heavyweight Champion.....

Chris Douglas

Your new OBW World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Douglas, is seen, as usual, in his hotel room. Bandage on the forehead, a plain white t-shirt covering his beautiful body, black athletic pants, and white socks. Of course, his World Heavyweight Championship is over his shoulder. Why is your new World Heavyweight Champion dressed in such a way? You would think coming off such a victory that it would be a huge occasion, just a huge fiesta for all to attend. He just looks so.....I don't even know. Anyway, your new World Heavyweight Champion is ready to address his latest victory, so I would advise you listen, as always. 

Chris: Let's get this whole thing out of the way. I told you so. I told you so. I TOLD YOU SO. Now, I know I'm not looking too World Champ-esque, but don't worry, I will soon enough. I just wanted to say some things coming right off my greatest victory. 

He moves a bit in his seat, on his lovely couch, with just a look of urgency.

Chris: Dragus said nothing would stop him from keeping his title. Popping him under the chin with a Glass Jaw superkick, putting him in the Chiropractic Cause, and stomping his face in with an SDB were things he stated would just not be enough to keep him down. How wrong he was. Ah, I remember it like it was yesterday. Nailing him with that superkick three times, and ending him with that SDB. Dragus, you did put up one hell of a fight, but like I said I would, I defeated you. I proved I'm not the greatest choke artist in OBW history. I finally became OBW World Heavyweight Champion. 

Now his voice a bit more serious. 

Chris: When entering this business, every man and woman wants to become the one on top. Every single person that steps foot in the 20 by 20 has those aspirations. Whether it be a small regional promotion or a juggernaut. How many people actually reach those goals, though? Not too many. A select few will actually be the one on top. You know why? Determination. Your will to put in work day in and day out to achieve that goal. 

He moves up in his seat as his voice raises a tad.

Chris: Injury. A reason that will stop many on their journey to the top. Whether the doctor tells you stepping back in the ring just isn't possible, or you choose to walk away. You just give up. You figure if you couldn't make it at your near best, how could you make it when you're less of a human being, now with a bullseye on said body part. That's another thing. Walking away. So many amount to near nothing in this business. Do they hit the gym and try to be stronger or quicker? Do they make an attempt to look better? Do they better themselves in the ring? Nah, they just throw their hands in the air and say fuck it. They just walk away. They'll tell you life after wrestling is just great. Family time, free time, it's fucking amazing. It's too bad they're full of shit. If they had a run on the top you know they would love to have that again. They would come back for more. They crave all that attention and greatness. They feel immortal, like me right now. Now I know I'll be six feet under eventually, but my name will be more than just a forename and surname. It will be a legacy.

He stands up and begins to pace a bit, clenching his title quite close. 

Chris: I'm a dick. I'm an arrogant, sarcastic asshole. I'm fine with that. I'm content with it. When people tell me such do I become defensive and look for ways to prove those people wrong? Nope. Just smile at 'em and tell them they're damn right. Whether those things are considered a factor or not, I am the epitome of hard work. Every day. EVERY DAY. Every day OBW is in my life somehow. On my mind, speaking to a camera, trash talking a fellow wrestler, or hitting the ring to improve. Now you're probably saying to yourself, "holy shit, this is pretty deep for such a conceited prick". Well hey, you're right. I didn't put in all that work for nothing. Even when things were looking grim, I wasn't just gonna walk away and go toss some pizzas or build some houses. I love professional wrestling. I love OBW. That is why I made it this far. That is why I have this Championship with me right now. 

He stops pacing, now looking into the camera. No arrogant smirk, but a look of reminiscence.

Chris: When I first walked into this company, Chad Bowens held this very Championship. Two months later, Dick Tesmocker would become Champion after its vacancy. During that time, during my war of words with Tessmocker, I knew, I just fucking knew that one day I would become World Heavyweight Champion. I knew I had the ability, the smarts, the speaking ability, and the work ethic. 

The camera now gets closer, as a near arrogant smirk appears on his face.

Chris: Hard work pays off, ladies and gentlemen. Exhibit A is right here. 

The camera fades as it focuses on the World Heavyweight Championship and its nameplate, now containing the name of Chris Douglas. 

--

- Your reigning, defending, OBW World Heavyweight Champion

-1-time Anarchy Champion (108 days) 

-1-time Tag Team Champion (7 days)

December 2, 2014 at 7:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dragus Vulgar
Enjoy that title. I will be coming back after it.
December 2, 2014 at 9:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris Douglas

Dragus Vulgar at December 2, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Enjoy that title. I will be coming back after it.

Come after it all you want. I'll just keep pushing you away.
--

December 2, 2014 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-star
You are the new me. Enjoy, and don't lose it at survival.
--

2x OBW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION- SECOND LONGEST COMBINED TITLE REIGNS(151 days)

SHORTEST TIME TO BECOME HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION SINCE DEBUT

1X ICE CHAMPION(57 days)

THE ORIGINAL RULER OF THE ROPES

HEART OF WRESTLING MAIN-EVENTER(2013,2014)

LED TEAM STORM TO GLORIOUS VICTORY AT WWC 2014

December 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris Douglas

M-star at December 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM

You are the new me. Enjoy, and don't lose it at survival.

I'm sure opinions could vary on the first comment, but I'll take it as a compliment. As for the Championship, I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.
--

December 3, 2014 at 12:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.